Thursday, May 15, 2014

Italy and France 2014

We landed in Rome around 9:30 a.m. on May 12.  As I went through passport clearance, I didn't see Kathy.  In about 10 minutes, I saw her with a uniformed man.  She explained that she had misplaced her passport, and they had to hold her, while they checked the plane.  After about 45 minutes, they called me and said that she was cleared and would meet me at a certain place.  Well, it seems that they had told her a different place, so we spent 4 hours looking for each other.  A nice young German man let her call me from his phone.  Luckily, I had gone ahead and picked up the luggage.  We met at the car rental place, and picked up the car (they put an extra charge of $650 on my card for a security deposit..yikes!)  The trip got better as we got to our apartment.

After, we settled, we got groceries and have a lovely dinner at a restaurant on top of a hill in a medieval city.

The next day, on May 13, we went to Citta della Pieve, and enjoyed the great church there.  There was a famous painting of the Baptism of Christ by Il Perugino, there.

 

We were treated to a lovely dinner that evening at Rondini by Franco and Bozena.

On May 14, We went to Orvieto to see the Cathedral there.  I have posted a few pictures.
Later, that evening we went to dinner and had a fabulous pizza and tiramisu.








 

1 comment:

Larry Kitchen said...

Wow. I can't believe you had such a time with the airport. The pictures are wonderful. Wish I was there!