Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 1 Italy 2008

Nick drove us to Houston and dropped us off around 12:00 noon. Our flight to Italy left around 3:30 to Frankfort. There was a nice gentleman between us from Houston who was born in Bombay traveling to join his family in India.

We got only an hour of sleep, because the seats were so cramped.
We had only a couple of hours to wait in Frankfurt, before flying on to Rome. The flight attendant made me check my carry-on. I had to quickly take out my camera equipment before giving it to her to check. Then, when I got to my seat, I worried for two hours, because I had all of my travelers checks in that bag ($2000). Luckily, all was fine when the bags came through.

After arriving in Rome, we got our luggage and went to pick up our car. It cost us an extra 100 euro for the second driver. The young Italian girl was not very nice and kept rolling her eyes. When we found the car, which was a bright blue Fiat, we were off to Fabro Scalo, then to our Casa Rondini in Montegabbionne.

Casa Rondini was even more spectacular than we ever expected.

No comments: